It’s the time of year when you finally admit to yourself that setting up the tripod to take your own family’s photo is probably not going to happen. There is no shame in that.
You know what also sounds miserable? Dressing everyone up, dragging them to the park, and propping them up for some bribed smiles so you can provide your friends and family the illusion that your life is perfect. I’m not saying there is anything wrong with that! I’m just saying that I have an alternative if that doesn’t sound like a blast to you.
Announcing MINI SESSIONS for Raleigh families on November 7, 2015!
How does it work?
- Sessions will take place at your house on November 7, 2015. Ten minutes, max. Did I mention you don’t have to leave your house?
- I’ll use my wacky fisheye lens and ask your family to snuggle together on the couch. Immediate family only, please. But dogs, stuff animals, or special toys are welcome! Tickles will happen. Snuggles will happen. And no one will have to look at the camera.
- The kids can pick out their own clothes and mom and dad can wear their best Saturday jeans. Matching is overrated.
- We’ll take a few warm, cozy family portraits and I’ll post the best three online and you can pick your favorite a few days later.
- You’ll get your favorite image as a digital file to use for Christmas cards. If you’d like some prints for family members as gifts, there is a package for that too. Or you can opt to get your favorite as an 11×14 for your wall.
- Prints will be printed by Musea Lab on buttery smooth Hahnemühle paper. These are some of the most incredible prints money can buy.
What will they look like?
Here are two similar family photos from this year:
What will these sessions cost?
$199 | session + three digital images (perfect for Christmas cards)
$299 | session + three digital images + 11×14 wall print (perfect for your living room wall)
$299 | session + three digital images + four 5×7 prints (perfect for gifts for family members)
How I do book one?
An online form that allows you to book your session and pay your retainer while curled up with a glass of wine is located here. Booking will end on October 23 (or when all 8 slots are sold) and your session time will be emailed to you on October 24. As you can imagine, this will be quite the tour of Raleigh for me so for now, please leave the day pretty open!
As an extra bonus, the first two families that book will receive a special treat from me. They are on order as we speak!